Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Recipe Group 2008


I was lucky enough to be a part of an incredible group of women here in Buckeye. We got together once a month to swap recipes. Holly Wallin was the one who started the group in January of 2008. We rotated houses and whomever hosted that month picked a theme. We all brought a food item associated with that theme along with enough cutsie recipe cards for everyone to take one home. It was such a perfect thing because we were all able to try out each other's recipes so we would know which ones we would like and want to make for our families. Throughout the year, I have come home with some of the most amazing recipes. I am totally blaming my insane weight gain this year on this recipe group. Nope, it was not the pregnancy, it was the recipe group. It was my turn to host in December, maybe that is why Ryan got laid off so we had to move before I could subject the group to my hosting abilities. I was very sad to leave so many great people behind and I miss the ladies and the food so very much. I am pretty sure they disbanded after I left because they just could not bare to go on without me, at least, that is what I tell myself. : ) Thanks for the book full of recipe cards, the extraordinary memories, and the 15 pounds.
Pictured above are:
Back: Kaci Perkins, Katie Hunter, Cheryl Wellman, Bridgette Jankowski, Charity Rose, Holly Proctor, Kim Rolfe, and Sage Harper.
Front: Brooke Jenkins, Holly Wallin, Tifany Wright, Brianne McKinley, and Tisha Bierman

No comments: