Thursday, November 20, 2008

Payton's Preschool Field Trip

Payton's Joy School had a little field trip to the Buckeye Fire station. This happened when the packers arrived to pack up our house to move to Iowa. I was able to sneak away for a few minutes so Payton would not miss out. She did not like the field trip very much. She cried, a lot. I think it was a scary, intimidating place for her. I can't say I blame her, I am certain I would have been scared at her age. She managed to dry up the tears when I was about to take a picture of her though.













The field trip was great though. The firefighters taught the kids all about 9-1-1 and how to escape a fire. They showed them how the truck works and also got dressed up in their uniforms so the kids would know not to be afraid of them in case of a fire. The firefighters seem to love having the kids around. They played games with the kids, which Payton refused to do. They were given them high fives, and putting their clothes on them, again, Payton wanting nothing to do with it. The firefighters let them in the truck, which I threw Payton in kicking and screaming. They also sent them all home with firehats and a bag full of goodies.... Payton loved that. It was a hit!



1 comment:

Nik said...

What cute kiddos! I honestly never thought Payton would be afraid of anything. She used to eat cat litter! ha ha Sweet little princess.