Sunday, September 7, 2008

Rocky Point, Mexico - Day 2

On our second day at Rocky Point, Sage and I ran some errands which involved going to the local grocery store. This was an interesting experience for so many reasons. Everyone was obsessed with our babies and would push me out of the way to get to Maggie. The people just got all gaa-gaa over how cute she was. They have good taste!! It was strange how there were so many people doing tasks for you wanting to be paid. Some guy took our cart and wanted paid. Another said he watched our car while we were shopping so he wanted a tip. Another man backed us out of our parking spot in hopes for some spare change. I was broke after one trip to the grocery store.

The rest of the day was spent at the pool, playing in the sand, and relaxing at the beach house. We headed down to the beach in the late afternoon and had a good time playing in the ocean. Kutter spent his time karate chopping the waves. Here is a picture of him showing me how it is done. He could have stayed out there for hours. I think he was made for the beach with his love for sand, waves, and ability to be tan.
Payton was more content to just hang out on the beach and watch all the action. Those waves were a bit much for her 30 pound little body to handle. She loved being out there just the same. However, I am not sure her snow white skin and strawberry-blonde hair not are as made for the sun as her brother's.

Maggie is the most chill kid you will ever meet. She was just fine hanging out in her car seat, snuggled in a blanket in the 100+ degree heat with 500% humidity. The rest of us were down right miserable unless we were in the water. Maggie on the other hand was dripping sweat and not complaining one bit. Amazing!!!

We convinced the kids into riding on a banana boat/whale with us. It was so much fun and so cheap. We talked the guy into giving us a ride for $5 for the adults and the kids rode free. I think we got a pretty screaming deal if I do say so myself. Kutter loved wearing the life jacket and was showing off in it. He had no idea what it was for so I took him out in the deeper part of the ocean for a bit to show him how it worked. Once he knew he would not sink, he was raring to go. Payton was a little hesitant but Ryan just kept reassuring her she would be fine. I made him promise me that if she went off, he would go off with her. I think I was more nervous than the kids because I was terrified of deep water when I was younger. It did not help my fears when the engine of the boat was smoking like a chimney and the second man in the boat's primary responsibility was to bail out the water to keep it from sinking. Good times, good times!

We asked the guy to just go slow. It got kind of boring so we had a discussion and decided to go for it. We had him crank it up on the way back to the beach. It was so much fun!! We did not lose any of the kids which was an added bonus. I was so sore the next day from trying to hang on the boat while hanging onto Kutter. I am still not sure how I ended up hanging onto the 55 pound kid while Ryan had the 30 pounder. Hmmm, interesting!
After we arrived back from our adventure on the sea, we decided to bury the kids in the sand. Strike that, we decided to bury the babies in the sand. The sand was so wet, however, that we only buried them up to their waste for fear of the weight crushing them. No worries though, I buried them in the dry sand the next day so we could bury them up to their necks. Those pictures will come later. The babies loved being buried. Seriously, they did! After we were done with the babies, we buried the girls. They did not like it so much. Payton screamed the whole time but we did manage to capture one good picture with the sun setting in the background.

After all that activity and entertainment, we headed back to the beach house where we bathed and showered sand out of all our nooks and crannies, if you know what I mean. I am not sure there was any sand left on the beach, I am certain we took it all with us. The kids crashed soon thereafter and the adults stayed up and played cards to the wee hours of the morning. It was such a fun, fun day!

Here is a little eye candy for all you ladies out there.....your welcome!


Nik said...

What a fun time? Somebody needs to tell that guy those swimsuits are OUT! EEEEEEOOooooooooow. By the way, 9 DAYS and counting! :)

Kelly and Megan said...

Looks like so much fun! I am totally convinced that I need a getaway!

I love your pictures especially Maggie burried in the sand. I kind of like the eye candy too! Actually, not really! That is really disgusting!

Braden and Melanie said...

Wow, sounds like a fun time. Who says those swim suits are out. I am up for much more of that eye candy. Enough to give me a cavity. Just kidding!