Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Mexican Aquarium

On our last day in Rocky Point, we went to the local aquarium so the kids could see some of the fish life native to the area. We arrived a bit early so the owners opened up the gate and let us walk along the nearby beach until the aquarium opened. It was a windy day so the waves were huge but it was gorgeous. We took some cute pictures of our feet prints in the sand.
The aquarium was awesome. It was like nothing we had ever been to before. It was not your typical American aquarium but it was so fun, nonetheless. Kutter and Payton loved seeing the fish and other sea creatures up close and personal. They had giant sea turtles that you could feed and touch. Ryan was trying to let Maggie touch one of the turtles but every time he would get her hand down there, the turtle would stick up its head and open its mouth. I am pretty sure Maggie almost ended up as turtle food because her pale skin resembled a raw fish. Whoopsie! None of the kids wanted to actually feed any of the sea creatures but we all had a good time watching Ryan jump everytime a turtle took the food from him. Good times, good times!
The aquarium had little sharks, eels and sting rays, crabs and jelly fish. There was also a sea lion you could feed and talk to. I am quite certain our home videos has me using profanities because of that sea lion. I was just standing there minding my own business when that thing stuck its head up right next to mine. I probably could have kissed it. I turned and saw it staring me in the face and I jumped and swore. Everyone had a good laugh at my expense. The aquarium was well worth the $2 admission fee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time. What part of Mexico did you go to? That is too funny about you swearing!

Nik said...

I've been waiting for these posts! YEAH! We need to plan a vacation there again so we can come too! You should have kissed that sea lion, obviously he was craving your affection! :)

The Stimpson Family said...

What area do you live in in Arizona? I can't remember. We are waiting to see if Chris gets a position down in the Phoenix area. Are you guys near there? How do you like AZ? That sounds like a fun trip to Mexico!

Melanie said...

Wow, I feel like an idiot. I was about to chew you out about not posting about your trip. You see, this post is below the post about payton, so I didn't think to scroll down. Anyway, wow, that trip sounds so fun. I want a vacation. We are so jealous. I need to get a tan and a break from life. Braden and I are thinking of a cruise. You guys should come. Wyatt and Maggie could have loads of fun. Haha. Like they know how to play yet. I just pretend he does. Love you guys!