Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Look Ma, No.....Training Wheels!



On Tuesday, August 19th, Kutter J Wright rode his bike for the first time with no training wheels. Ryan decided he and the kiddos were going to ride bikes to the park. I headed outside to wave goodbye and noticed Ryan taking Kutter's training wheels off his bike. I panicked at the thought of this new milestone. I promptly put Kutter's helmet on and headed inside to check on Maggie. A few minutes later, Kutter comes in and told me I need to get my camera. I asked why and he said because he rode without training wheels and did not fall. Apparently, Kutter hopped on his bike and took off riding while Ryan was chit chatting with our neighbor. Ryan took off running after him and caught up to him and helped him stop.

I ran out with the video and digital camera to capture this moment. Kutter got right back on and did it again. After that, he became more consumed with me taking pictures than with concentrating on keeping his balance. Ryan then took him to the park and had him practice in a safer environment. They came home full of stories about all the places Kutter rode and did not fall. I am so proud of my little boy learning this and I am proud of Ryan for teaching him.

On a side note, Ryan is extremely sore today. I think someone is out of shape. He said it was all that jogging he did next to Kutter. I was sore just thinking about running. Sounds like we need to get to the gym.

12 comments:

Bridgette said...

That is so awesome! Way to go Kutter J! Look out Motocross!(totally kidding, please don't take that route!)

Shawn said...

Awesome! My son Conner is 7 1/2 and still won't learn how to ride a bike. Has no desire. We've tried 'forcing' him and that didn't work. Be glad that your son did it so willingly and easily. YEAH KUTTER!!

Oh, by the way, I tag you.

Nik said...

Great job Kutter! Now you can come and ride with Bryson. He just learned the same skill at the beginning of the summer. Woohoo!

rouskafamily said...

That is so Great!! Aunt Jen is so proud. Great job Kutter. Your little boy is growing up next thing you know he will be in 9th grade. AAAHHHHH!!

Kelly and Megan said...

Yeah for Kutter! Maybe this will give Connor some encouragement to do the same!

Kelly and Megan said...

Bye the way, I love Maggie's new picture on your side bar. What a sweet face!

Cherie Nelson said...

Tifany! That is awesome! Both my kids did the same thing - just jumped on the bike and within one trip around the block they were on their own.

With Andre, it was one of my biggest "proud mama" moments. It was such an awesome feeling!

Congrats!!!

Darice said...

Way to go Kutter! You sure are a fast learner, and a joy to be around, way to go buddy!

Melanie said...

That's my Kutter J! I am very proud of you. However, I think you should quit growing up so fast. I am missing all of it! NOT FAIR! I miss you guys SOOOOOOOO SOOOOOO Much!!!

It's all about Family! said...

Little Grandma says, "Kutter, would you please quit growing up so fast. I cannot believe you know how to ride a bike already." You are just amazing. Please give your daddy a big hug and a kiss and a big thank you for being such a great daddy! I am proud of both of you. We love you all and miss you. We are looking forward to Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Please tell me it isn't so!!!! First you go happily off to school and now you can ride a two-wheeler with no training wheels? Where in the world does time go? Kutter J - Purple Grandma is sooooo proud of you!!!! You are growing up to be such a wonderful boy! You have such good examples in your mommy and daddy! They are such special parents to you and your sisters! The new pictures of Maggie are adorable. She is getting so big, too! Can you please give Payton, Maggie, Mommy, and Daddy a big hug and kiss from me and then have them give you a big hug and kiss from me? I miss you all so much! I love you!!!!!!!! Grandma

The Karafa Family said...

Go Kutter! I can't wait to get the scoop tomorrow at Primary!