Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Free at last, free at last!

August 6th was a big day for our family. Along with Kutter going to kindergarten, Payton got her cast off. She was a brave girl. It took quite the coaxing to get her to go to the doctor. Several bribes later we had her convinced to go and she even said she would not cry. She kept true to her word until they turned on the saw. It was loud and it vibrated her arm. She tried not to cry and then could not help it any longer. It did not last long, however, when she realized the vibrations were actually tickling her. When the cast came off, she really cried because she lost her security blanket. She tried to move her arm and it felt strange so she basically freaked out.

The doctor told us that if she fell again in the next 2 months or so, it would break again. I just said "see you next week then!" I mean come on people, she is 3, she falls daily if not hourly. But it has been a week and although she did fall out of the car yesterday, the arm seems to be fine. Maybe it is because it has been glued to her body ever since she the doctors office in the same position as if her cast was still on. She barely moves it and we have yet to get it to straighten all the way. (This picture was taken over a week after her cast coming off. It was the first time she semi-straightened her arm) Because of her nervousness to move it, she has become Princess Payton again and we have again been summoned to serve her every whim. Do you think she is playing me?

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Payton would never play you. She is a princess, and princesses don't play people. Right?????

It's all about Family! said...

That's what we common people are for--to serve the princess. She's a cutie!

Barnes Family said...

Silly little Payton! Is she still holding her arm close to her body? Silly little munchkin!

Cheryl said...

Man Tif, I have got to give you props. You are so good at pictures and videos for every event in life. I don't think I've picked up the video camera since Kaycie's birthday in March. I guess since I'm the only one in this family who cares about pictures and videos it makes it kind of hard. I can't do both so I usually take the camera. But still, I should use them more often. These kids grow too fast!

masonmadness said...

Your family is so cute! I can't believe how big they are all getting and I love the pouty face. How cute. I can't believe school has already started. We have 1 more week and I'm blown away at that.

Kelly and Megan said...

Hey Tif, I did get to see the Olympics this weekend, and yes, we have so much to discuss! I can't wait to talk!